MAGDALENA BOULET August 01,1973 OAKLAND,CALIFORNIA
Magda made her 100-mile debut a memorable one at the Western States Endurance Run on June 27, 2015 winning in 19 hours, 5 minutes and 21 seconds. It wasn’t the first ultra that she has won but it was the latest in a string of victories, including the Sean O’Brien 100K in February and the Canyons 100K in May. Magda is a 2008 Olympic Marathoner, owning a best of 2:26.22, and will race any distance from 1 mile to 100 miles. When she isn’t training and racing, Magda is the Vice President of Product Development at GU Energy Labs and coaches post-collegiate runners in the Bay Area Track Club in Berkeley, California.
Why do you choose HOKA?
HOKA shoes allow me to train at high mileage without beating my feet up. The shoes provide me with a perfect balance of comfort and protection, which is all I need to keep me enjoying running all over the world.
What is your favorite HOKA ONE ONE shoe and why?
Racing: Challenger ATR. It’s unbelievably light, but still has enough cushion for long miles.
Training: Stinson Trail, Clifton and Conquest. I love all three, but it depends on what kind of run I’m doing. I use the Stinsons for long trail runs, the Conquest on the pavement, and the Clifton for shorter runs where I want to feel light and fast.
Where is your favorite place to run?
Redwood Regional Park in the Oakland hills, Mt. Tam in Marin and Tahoe.
Do you have any sayings you tell yourself during tough race moments?
I try to imagine my coach, Jack Daniels calling out “Good Dog!” to me.
Piece of advice for someone just getting into running?
Pick some event to train for. It doesn’t have to be huge like a Marathon or ½ Marathon, but something that seems attainable to you. Train for it with a friend or family member and enjoy the ride.
- I was born & raised in Poland, lived in Germany before moving to California
- I have the sweetest 12 year old dog in the world named Diggy, short for Hot Diggity Dog
- I was a competitive swimmer until my last year of High School.
- I give myself unique b-day gifts such as a run up Mt. Whitney
- 2015 Sean O’Brien 100K Champion
- 2015 Canyons 100K Champion
- 2015 Western States Endurance Run Champion
- 2014 TNF Endurance Challenge 50 Mile Champion
- 2014 US 50 Mile Trail Champion
- 2010 & 2011 World Cross Country Team Member
- 2008 US Olympic Marathon Team
- Marathon – 2:26:22
- 10,000m – 31:47
- 5,000m – 15:14